Especially uniform precise powder spraying
The WEKO-Powder-Application-System (WPA) WEKO-ESC is engineered especially for the high requirements of advanced machines in gravure and flexo printing, film production and special applications. The WEKO-ESC is a modular system concept consisting of the components WEKO-AP (Series AP200, AP300, AP900) and WEKO-Electrostat-C.
This is how it works
The product web is first guided through the ionisation unit. Electrostatic charges are eliminated there to allow for uniform spraying regardless of the climate and electrostatic charges. Powder spraying follows inside the encapsulated spraying chamber. A Powder Extraction System (PES) keeps the air clean. When the material web exits the plant it is once more discharged via ionisation rods.
With the PMS metering system, even minute quantity changes can be carried out exactly and repeatable. Format setting and adjustment of the powder quantity to the speed and width of the carrier web takes place semi-automatically. In addition, the powder types can be quickly changed with the Variobox® (with AP200 and AP300). The different models of the WEKO-ESC are designed for different powder volumes and are available with up to 48 nozzles (AP900) and 4 metres web width.
- Precisely defined application quantity with large dynamic range, reproducible at any time
- Evenly distributed powder application through the ionization system
- Choice of three models (4 m max. width, up to 48 nozzles)
- Variobox® primarily as series equipment
- Integrated Powder Extraction (PES)
- PMS metering system with preselect function
- Hardly any cleaning effort through minimum powder dust development
- Semi-automatic format and speed adjustment
- Considerably reduced powder consumption
- User and service-friendly
- Long service life