Emulsion application with non-contacting application system
With WEKO-Fluid-Application-System (WFA) such as the WEKO-ProCoat, paper can be protected reliably against mechanical and physical strain and remoistened at the same time. In the spray application, lubrication emulsions with and without additives as well as water can be applied precision-metered and reproducible at any time. This saves valuable resources.
This is how it works
The WEKO Liquid Supply Unit provides the WEKO-SIGMA rotor carrier with the desired amount of liquid and controls the system. The frequency-controlled rotary pump transports the liquid from the storage tank to the rotor carrier. Through the rapid rotation of spray disks, the so-called rotors, a defined stream of micro-droplets is formed; via adjustable sliders they create a uniform liquid application. The operator preselects the desired application quantity, which is automatically adjusted to the web speed.
Convincing in handling and maintenance
The WEKO-ProCoat is specifically tuned to the application of silicon and lubricating emulsions regarding the choice of the components such as control system and rinsing program. Good access to all parts that could become soiled facilitates easy cleaning and maintenance. In addition, all components can be handled conveniently, working in a stable manner over a very long period.
- Precisely defined application quantity, reproducible at any time
- High long-term constancy of liquid quantity and distribution
- Economic consumption of application medium
- Automatic speed adaptation
- Low energy consumption
- User-friendly through removable components
- Easy access
- Drive components and bearings separated from the spray area
- Low maintenance effort at very long service life