Application of water and release agent
Increasing productivity, lowering material consumption
To quickly activate the adhesive with wood fibreboards, steam is pressed into the briquette. The so-called steam shock makes high moisture of the entire fibre material unnecessary and optimises the quality of the boards. In addition, the fibre cake must not adhere to the mould substrate nor the press when it is loaded on the transport belt to prevent soiling the system. The task consist of applying water precision-metered on the fibre cake to reach these effects.
Application of water
The so-called steam shock activates the adhesive more quickly and reduces the pressing time. This results in higher production speeds and greater board density or smoother surface. In turn, this reduces sanding or grinding processes and lowers the material consumption.
Addition of release agents
Applying a release agent on the fibre cake and the transport belt prevents the material from sticking.
NON-CONTACTING LIQUID APPLICATION
WEKO-Fluid-Application-System (WFA) such as WEKO-FLOW with WEKO-SIGMA with their highly efficient rotor technology ensure exactly metered liquid application as micro-droplets over the entire width of the fibre or chip cake. The application quantity automatically adjusts to the machine speed ensuring constant application reproducible at any time. Release agents are added, metered in smallest amounts as needed.
Wood fibreboard needs WEKO-FLOW und WEKO-SIGMA
WEKO-Fluid-Application-System (WFA) for the coating of the fibre cake, comprised of the Liquid Supply Unit and System Controller WEKO-FLOW in various versions with the rotor carrier WEKO-SIGMA.
- Precisely defined reproducible application quantity
- High long-term constancy of liquid quantity and distribution
- Low energy consumption
- Long service intervals through flow and return filter system
- Resource-preserving liquid management
- Smooth integration/retrofitting for existing forming lines
- Reduction of the press time, grinding allowances and varnish consumption
- Increasing the board density as well as the bending and delamination strength
- Increasing quality and productivity