Functional textile finishing without disturbing aerosols
WEKO offers non-contact precision application systems for a wide variety of fluids enabling the functional finishing of your textile or nonwovens material web. The WEKO-fluid-application (WFA) system is also available as an encapsulated application unit with extraction to avoid harmful aerosols of the chemical finish outside the system.
This is how it works
The ﬂuid is supplied to the fast rotating rotor discs and distributed by the centrifugal forces. This generates a uniform
ﬂow of ultra-ﬁne micro-droplets landing on the material web.
Thanks to the encapsulated application unit WEKO-ProTec, protection against escaping aerosols is significantly improved and the cleanliness of the machine environment is achieved. By opening the WEKO system, the material web is easily and quickly introduced. After closing, the highly efficient extraction provides the desired protection.
For functional finishings such as:
Softeners, avivages, flame protection agents, silicones, hydrophilic/hydrophobic finishing, antimicrobial finishing, oily lubricants and many more.
Benefits of WEKO-ProTec
- Protection of the health of employees, as no harmful aerosols escape
- No nuisance from unpleasant odours
- Safety at the workplace, as there is no contamination of the environment by slippery substances
Advantages of the non-contact application:
- No strain on the web thanks to non-contact application
- Highest process reliability thanks to exactly adjustable and reproducible application quantity
- Resource-saving because the application medium is not contaminated
- Reduction of energy costs thanks to short drying times and economical use of the application medium